Retreat for Mums of Young Children
January 31 – February 2, 2020
Mothers are the heart of the home and deserve special care.
This retreat is geared for mum’s of young families to take some time out, to rest, be cared for and replenish energies. One can learn new tools to take care of your heart, spirit, life and relationships.
It is an opportunity to reflect on the meaning of your life, to enrich your marriage and family life in the light of your Catholic faith. The closer a mum is to Christ the closer the whole family will be to Christ.
The atmosphere of silence, personal prayer, and recollection which is maintained throughout helps you to know God better, to discover His great love for you and to and deep joy and security in the conviction of His love.
The retreat starts at 8pm on Friday with a buffet meal and finishes on Sunday at 6.15pm after a coffee/tea break.
Each day there will be Mass, Benediction and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, three half hour sessions of guided prayer given by a priest of Opus Dei and a talk by a lay person. You will also have the opportunity to go to confession or avail of spiritual direction.
You can choose to attend all or only some of the activities on offer.
- Introduction: How to make the best use of this weekend. Need for rest, how to be in God’s presence.
- Looking to Jesus: The vocation of the family.
- Love in marriage.
- Marriage as vocation, path to holiness and happiness.
- Educating children in faith and virtue.
- How to find God in chaos, need for rest.
- Renewal of life of prayer.
- Pillars of our faith: prayer, confession and Holy Communion.
- Being a Catholic in a secular world.
Getting to know other Mums
- You can go for walks in the beautiful grounds.
- You can make a cup of tea/coffee any time you wish.
- A full library of spiritual books available to you while you are doing the retreat.
- There are also spiritual books for sale.